Monday, November 29, 2010

What My Christmas Wishlist Looks Like

Now that Thanksgiving is over and we are definitely in the Christmas season, here's a peek into the things I want this holiday season. I understand this is quite vain, but whatever, this is how I get my thoughts organized.

In no particular order:

A Microplane zester
Quite possibly the best zester and fine grater your money will buy. It's no replacement for a standard box grater, but for quick grating jobs, taking this out will be much more convenient than hauling out the box.


A candy thermometer













A candy thermometer is a must if you ever plan on making candy or working with chocolate or deep frying with any form of precision.

A probe thermometer














A probe thermometer just makes your life infinitely easier whenever you're cooking meat in an oven, because it lets you monitor the internal temperature of your meat remotely.

The Undisputed Guide to Pro Basketball History














The new FreeDarko book, buying is a must. Even the illustrations alone are well worth the buy already. 

Pacific Rims

I have still yet to read the book, but it's gotten rave reviews and is a must-read.

The HTC Wildfire

My current phone is a Motorola Razr, which is positively ancient by now. It came out in what... 2004? In 2010, it's smartphone or bust, you simply cannot be satisfied with a regular phone anymore. I'm pretty enamored with HTC, I think they make some pretty good products.

The Powertraveller Powermonkey eXplorer

How awesome is this thing? It's a portable solar charger for your phone or iPod, which in the Philippines means power anywhere!

The Nike Pro Combat line

These things can make your life much more comfortable if you get yourself thrown around a lot on the floor.

Xocolat's citrus brownie

One of the things I always have to buy if there is a Xocolat around. I love these things, you definitely have to try them the next time you head over to Serendra or Greenhills.

Elbert's cheesesteak

The ones with provolone are better of course. I have not had one of these very expensive things for who knows how long because I haven't been to Rockwell in ages. They are expensive little buggers, but they are gooood.

Maille dijon and honey dijon mustard

Maille is one of the best if not the best mustard you will ever eat. If you watch cooking shows, you'll notice they get their mustard from little glass jars with black lids just like those. And you know it's good, because it's made in Dijon itself. You can get some generic mustard that will give you three times the amount of mustard for a lower price, but if you want some good food you have to splurge on this a little bit.

Valrhona chocolate

Valrhona is the finest chocolate in the world, bar none. I have seriously got to go to Rockwell again to acquire some of this stuff in cocoa powder form in order to make my very own hot chocolate mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment